Optical systems for the aerospace industry
Optics for aerospace applications
We have experience in designing custom integrated optical systems for aerospace applications from the VIS to NIR spectral range. Our experience and expertise includes:
- Analysis and optimization of the optical quality of fixed focal length systems or zooms, considering SWaP constraints.
- Use of non-spherical surfaces: aspheric and diffractive elements.
- Evaluation of the effect of tolerances on the expected quality of the “as-built” system and control of phantom and daffodil images.
- Polarization analysis and Gaussian propagation simulations
- Environmental simulations with pressure and temperature variations.
- Definition of surface treatments considering environmental factors (temperature, humidity, solvents, hardness) and laser damage (LIDT).
At ASE Optics we can apply this knowledge to the following aerospace instrumentation and device development:
- Remote sensing applications
- High-performance, rugged optical systems
- Motorized or manual focus and zoom
- Optical and optomechanical subsystem design for CubeSats
Follow us on our social networks
You will be able to follow all the news of ASE Optics that we share in the networks.
Contact with us
ASE Optics Europe
Carrer Cerdanya, 44
08820 El Prat de Llobregat
Call us at
937 37 98 63
Write to us at