MINALEM is project supported by Eurostars-2 program and CDTI. The objective is to design and develop new optical components to improve the light shaping and efficiency using surface micro and nano structured diffusers.
ASE Optics Europe contributes in this project with its experience and expertise in optical design and engineering:
- Support the project partners in specification of systems requirement from an optical feasibility standpoint.
- Evaluating the optical properties, as regards to beam shaping, of the different materials that other partners pre-select as best for the manufacturing process.
- ASE Optics will research into tolerance analysis methods in optimization and simulation, to assure compatibility with manufacturing.
- Reviewing and supervising the validation process as it relates to optical performance.
- Performing in-house tests of the optical performance of samples.
- Defining specific optical performance and characterization testing for specific parameters that will be most relevant to improve modeling of optical systems.
ASE Optics aims in this project to advance not only in design, but in production of new optical surfaces with micro features.
The MINALEM consortia is composed by four entities coordinated by Laintec A.I.E., the research centre of Daisalux Group (Spain), Bartenbach (Austria), ASE Optics Europe (Spain) and Profactor (Austria), with the collaboration of IK4-Tekniker (Spain).